The Governing Board is made up of about 50% from the government and the rest being leading public health experts from academics and civil society. The Governing Body consists of 18 members. Total number of members of Governing Body can be increased or decreased, but they shall not exceed 25. The terms of the Governing Body will be for 5 years. It would be reconstituted after the period.
Members of Governing Body are as following:
1. Principal Secretary, Health and Medical Education, Haryana.
2. Vice Chancellor of Pt. B.D Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak or his nominee not below the rank of Head of Department
3. Mission Director, National Rural Health Mission, Haryana.
4. Director General Health Services, Haryana
5. Director General Health Services, AYUSH, Haryana
6. Director General Medical Education & Research(DMER), Haryana
7. Director, National Rural Health Mission (NRHM)
8. Director, Hospital Management Division (HMD), O/o DGHS
9. Civil Surgeon, Panchkula
10. Civil Surgeon, Mewat
11. Dr. (Mrs.) Krishna Sangwan, (Retd.), Professor HOD Gynae and Obs. PGIMS, Rohtak, C/o Vice Chancellor of Pt. B.D Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak
12. Dr. Sardari Lal Verma, MD Paediatric C/o Verma Hospital, Rohtak
13. Dr. S. B Siwatch (Retired) Professor and HOD Medicine, PGIMS, Rohtak
30/443, Siwach Hospital, Dev Colony, Delhi Road, Rohtak
14. Dr. J.C. Dhall, Sr. Professor (Retd.) General Surgery, PGIMS, Rohtak
H.No. 1172, Sector -1, HUDA, Rohtak , 124001
15. Dr. Virender Sangwan, MS Opth. L.V Parsad Eye Instt., Hyderabad
16. Representative of Department of Community Medicine, School of Public Health, PGI, Chandigarh
17. Representative of National Health System Resource Centre, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi
Dr. Vandana Prashad, Paediatrician & Public Health Expert, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, Chanralok, Building (5th Floor), 36, Janpath, New Delhi-1
18. Dr. Ashish Gupta, Executive Director, HSHRC, Member Secretary (Ex- Officio)
The Governing Body has full authority to exercise and perform all the acts for planning, establishment and running HSHRC.