The Quality Improvement Programme was initiated by HSHRC with an aim to provide good quality and efficient healthcare services to people in the state of Haryana. The quality assurance division was setup
keeping this vision in view. It is our endeavor to improve the quality of care being provided by
government health facilities in order to achieve better health-care access, better clinical outcomes,
better patient communication, reduction in waiting times and better medical record keeping. The aim of
this initiative is to improve patient satisfaction as well as employee satisfaction, and to ensure a safe and
secure hospital environment.
Objectives of Quality Assurance Division of HSHRC:
- Provide support for developing Quality Management Systems at various public health facilities
leading to improvement of quality of services
- Help the state develop and adopt standard protocols for providing quality health care services.
- Provide technical and management guidance for implementing quality protocols.
- Undertake assessments and monitoring of quality protocols adopted by the state and suggest and prioritize necessary changes and improvements.
For quality improvement at the facility level following standards/protocols are being adhered to:
- National Quality Assurance Standards (NQAS)
- Kayakalp Programme under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL)