The Quality Improvement programme was initiated by HSHRC with an aim to provide efficient healthcare services to patients in the state of Haryana. Keeping this vision in view, the quality division was setup. It is our endeavour to improve quality of care being provided by government health facilities in order to achieve better clinical outcomes, better access, better patient communication, reduction in patient waiting times and better medical record keeping. The ultimate objective of this initiative is to improve patient satisfaction as well as employee satisfaction and to ensure a safe and secure hospital environment.
Objectives of Quality Assurance Division of HSHRC:
- To provide support for developing quality management systems at hospital levels leading to improvement of services quality and quality certification.
- To help the State develop and adopt standard protocols for providing quality health care services.
- To undertake assessments and monitoring of quality protocols adopted by the State and suggest changes and improvements.
- To provide technical and management guidance for implementing quality protocols.
For quality improvement at the facility level following standards/protocols are being implemented:
- National Quality Assurance Standards (NQAS).
- Kayakalp Programme under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL)